Chelsea manager, Antonio Conte, has warned his side that forward, Wilfried Zaha is not the only dangerous player Crystal Palace possess.
Conte, however, highlighted the threat of Andros Townsend and Christian Benteke ahead of Chelsea clash with Palace in the Premier League on Saturday evening at Stamford Bridge.
The Blues’ boss knows too well the threat of Zaha, but warned his players to be wary of striker Benteke and winger Townsend too.
“We are talking about a really good player,” Conte told reporters when asked about Zaha.
“I remember in the first game earlier this season when we lost away, he scored and he created a lot of problems. But I think Crystal Palace is not only Zaha.
“Townsend, for me, is a really good player. There is Benteke. There are many good players in this squad. To see them in this position in the table is a bit strange.”
Meanwhile, in the reverse fixture between the two sides at Selhurst Park in October, Zaha scored the winning goal to hand Palace their first win of the season.
But the winger is a doubt to start against Chelsea on Saturday after suffering a knee injury at the start of February.
However, Palace boss, Roy Hodgson said on Thursday that Zaha has made a “remarkable” recovery and could be on the substitutes’ bench at Stamford Bridge.
Palace’s last win in the Premier League came in mid-January when they beat Burnley.
They are on a current run of three straight losses, which included a 3-2 defeat at home to Manchester United on Monday night – a game they had led 2-0.
The Kick off time for the match is scheduled at 6:30pm
Premier League! Worried Chelsea Boss Antonio Conte Warns His Players Against Crystal Palace Stars That May Cause Upset
516 total views, 2 views today